Computer startup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

freesoul23

Beta member
couple days ago while i worked on computer he stoped to react, the screen gone black, the reset button wouldn't work, the power button wouldn't work, i took the power cable out and put it back and then tried to power up the computer, the fans works but the screen still black, and there is no sound that computer is starting up, i changed the screen and changed the video card but it didn't help,i tried different PSU it didn't help either, i took all the parts out, except the cpu, and tried to power up the computer but still it didn't help and i didn't heard sound beaps, so i was sure the motherboard is dead so i put all the parts back and powered up the computer and for my surprise it worked, i tried couple times to turn off and turn on it worked so i put back the last part(network card) and powered up the computer and it stoped working again(black screen,no start up sound), so i was sure it because of a network card, so i took the card away but it didn't help, i gave the computer rest for a couple of hours and again it started to work but after a couple of minutes the screen gone black and computer stoped reacting, i noticed that my dvdrom reacts(he opens) if i pull out the IDE cable, but stop reacting when i put the IDE cable back.

i'm open to any ideas

Sounds like you have a short, First thing i would do is check to see if you have a cmos jumper to clear it once, if not short its possible its a bios issue that needs to be reset. Otherwise try getting into bios and loading optimal defaults. normally the delete key on startup will get you there, just keep tapping. once in there normally its F9 key and then press yes and then F10 save and exit. if that dont solve it or u cant get into bios even, definately pull out the motherboard book and look for the clear cmos jumper usually jp3, suppose it depends on the board though. if both those attempts fail bad hardware!

basketballstuds said:
Sounds like you have a short, First thing i would do is check to see if you have a cmos jumper to clear it once, if not short its possible its a bios issue that needs to be reset. Otherwise try getting into bios and loading optimal defaults. normally the delete key on startup will get you there, just keep tapping. once in there normally its F9 key and then press yes and then F10 save and exit. if that dont solve it or u cant get into bios even, definately pull out the motherboard book and look for the clear cmos jumper usually jp3, suppose it depends on the board though. if both those attempts fail bad hardware!

ok, i cleared using cmos jumper but it didn't help

i have update from the war zone,
so after i didn't touch the computer for 20h i decided to try again to turn it on(PSU+mobo+CPU+RAM+Video Card+SCREEN), i turned it on and it worked, i was able to enter BIOS, i decided to leave the computer on to check if it will keep working but after 3-4 minutes the screen gone black and nothing was happening so i took the power cable out and tried to power up the computer again but it back to the same situation as it was-black screen no beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom