Computer startup loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimquestion

Beta member
Have and Acer T160. When booting up the machine beeps (short beep), displays the Acer splash screen and then, after a few seconds, shows me a black screen (like old DOS). Then it states that Windows is having issues and gives me the options of safe mode, restarting from last working configuration, etc. I have tried both options but they just send me to the beep, the splash screen again and the same message. I have tried re-loading Windows XP from boot up. After asking what to boot from Windows starts to load and then after a number of files have been processed (approx 30 seconds) it gives me a blue screen stating that Windows is having an issue and it displays 4 hexadecimal numbers. I have tried to access the Acer recovery partition (alt F10) but this did not work. I have been told that I may have a memory issue but I don't know for sure. Any help would be appreciated.

Ok, I need you to do this for me, if you haven't solve this problem yet.
Write down the next error screen message you get and bring it here, also boot into bios and look at cell menu if you have that option.
Scroll down to a feature called memory-z hit that and let it scan your laptop memory.
If it does find a problem with your ram, it will need to be replaced, also I can assist you on finding better ram and price for your laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom