Computer starts but screen goes black. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 07:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Computer starts but screen goes black.

Well for the past month my computer has been freezing or my mouse froze requiring a reboot, but when I started it up again the screen would go black and not do anything then I would turn it off and turn it back on and it would start up normally.

A couple days ago I had to reformat my computer cause I kept getting a computer crash leading to a blue screen.

Just today my computer froze when I started up a game, then I turned off my computer and again the booting up with black screen happens again but this time, it will not start up at all even after several times turning off and trying to turn back on.

Idk if this helps but my keyboard lights quickly flash then they go off and my keyboard dont work.

Anymore info you might need just ask. I would like to know whats wrong.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Default Re: Computer starts but screen goes black.

Hmm, I'm guessing you might have a mobo problem, did you happen to look at your biso specs right before your pc went out ans saw what the cpu and systems temps were ?

Also please post your specs so that we can help you out further, by the way what were you doing on your pc before the problems started to arise ?

Old 04-04-2010, 08:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

I agree with Mike. It could be a board problem, but we need more information to make sure.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

It sounds to me like it may be an over-heating problem.

Personally I would try re-seating the RAM and CPU - simply remove the RAM/CPU and then put it back in again.

By re-seating the CPU/RAM it will make sure they are correctly seated in/on your motherboard and that any oxidisation process that has occured will be eradicated.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

THe CPU shouldn't cause a problem. Unless he has thermal paste available, the CPU shouldn't be taken out.