Computer start up problems, please help.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

louminater

Solid State Member
I tried getting help somewhere else, but that was a no go. Here's the story and info from some other forum I posted in.

I just moved to a new house and started to set up my computer again. When I'd turn it on, the screen would stay black and there'd be a beep every 5 seconds (guessing something got messed up while moving the comp). Is there anyway to fix this at all? Is it a burnt out motherboard? CPU? Hard drive or what?

Someone mentioned to me it might be the video card so I tested that out since my comp has an integrated video card but I installed a Radeon 9800 pro in it 2 years ago. So I just removed that, and plugged the monitor in to the standard plugin that comes with the computer. Same black screen, and beeping every few seconds.

If this helps any, the light on the monitor is in "off" mode when I'm turning the computer on, and again there is beeping every few seconds.

Any help would be appreciated a lot! Im starting school soon, so I really need my comp to be workin and dont have the money to afford a new one.

Sounds like a RAM issue. If you have more than one stick of RAM, try taking out all the sticks and leave just one RAM stick in the motherboard. Also try replacing that RAM with another stick you may have laying around the house. Also, try replacing the power supply.

Reset the cmos (remove battery from mobo then unplug the computer)

If this doesnt work, try removing all hardware then put it back in.(could have shifted during move)

then if this doesnt work, there is something in there that is fried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom