Not open for further replies.

LeCattez

Beta member
Hello

My system:
CPU: Intel Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3,16 Mhz
CPU cooling: Scythe Ninja
Motherboard: Asus P5K AiLifestyle Series
RAM: Kingston PC2-6400CL5, 4000 MB (2x2gb)
Grafikkort: Asus 295 GTX
Harddisk: Samsung SpinPoint 500 GB
Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty
Screens: Samsung SyncMaster 2493HM og 226BW
PSU: Corsair HX520W

Recently I bought the 295 GTX and I was told it would work fine with the PSU (which I wasn't completely sure about back then) and so far there hasn't been any real problems. (Far cry 2 plays nicely on highest graphic).

One problem though was that I had to move my harddrive further down in the cabinet, don't see how it should affect anything, but it could be the problem somehow to why my computer slows down.

Anyway, recently (I haven't really done anything unusual//playing games, listening to music, doing other stuff at the same time, it has been able to do everything with no lag pretty much) I have had loads of "insane" lag. If I for example open warcraft 3 (old game, not using "that" much cpu/ram) together with iTunes and then if I want to Opera for some surfing while waiting, it can get stuck for a few minutes. I can move my mouse, but if I click on some of the windows, it says it doesn't respond and I can try to close and nothing happens. Maybe even the other programs stops responding as well.
About 20 minutes ago it happened again, where as this time (I was doing the same as above), the system crashed with a blue screen of death and now it won't start up properly (stops at the bios screens in the beginning, where it counts ram and so and if it comes a little further it asks for the windows disk and if I put it in, it wants to install windows).

Is this a sign of a bad harddrive? Or does my computer just scream for a reinstall?

Hope anyone has some good ideas (tried to back some stuff up yesterday and thought about a reinstall... But god I hate having to look for all the stuff I "might" need again later).

Thanks,
LeCattez

Edit:

Just tried starting up again and got this message "A disk read error occurred - Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"... Could it be my wires to the harddrive which isn't plugged in completely?

The one I normally get is "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" - Haven't changed the boot order since I put the computer together which is a long time ago now. And it doesn't matter if I change it, it'll show up any way.

Further reboots @ "Primary Master Hard Disk Error - Press F1 to Resume"

Turned it off (all the cables out of course, from the back), tried to push the cables a little further in (in the hdd) and turned it on again. Now it got into windows again, guess I'll see if it will do it again later. If so, I'll update this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom