Computer Slow down problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nthorpe

Beta member
Hi all,

Recently I decided to format my harddrive as I'd not done it for a while, after formatting I found that whenever I was installing, unzipping stuff or anything else that uses alot of system process, there would be quite abit of computer slowdown...and If there was a song playing it would start to crackle and breakup.

To get round this I've tried reformatting again, but the problem still remains...Ive tried reinstalling different sound drivers, graphics card drivers, the works...Ive also turned off all the unimportant windows services, including system restore...I have tried changing my page file to a different drive...Nothing seems to work.

The problem cannot be hardware as it was fine before the first reformat..

Any help would be much appriciated :)

You may need to reinstall the motherboard drivers and the Hard disk & controller drivers. People will need make and model to help you more.

Ive My motherboard is an Abit fatality AN8 mobo, using sound that came with mobo...Realtek A3.76 drivers

Ive got the latest Nforce4 drivers ver 667, not sure what controller driver are.. could you specify any please..

I have 2 hard drives:
1 IDE 60gb
1 SATA, partitioned into 2 120gb

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom