Computer slow down and audio distortion

Status
Not open for further replies.

L337_m0j0

Beta member
Out of no where when i tried opening one of my games, my computer then got slower than usual and my sound then becomes very echoey/distorted and much slower. I later found out that this happens when i try to start ANY application that uses sound (except for stuff like windows media player/vlc, and winamp which are fine...)

My computer boots fine and there are no problems until i open a program such as quake 3 or even ventrilo.

I reinstalled my audio drivers many times.

i have a K8NE-Deluxe mother board and i am using the onboard sound card drivers.

i dont know what the problem could be...any suggestions?

1gb of RAM

6600GT

onboard network card.

found out the problem...for some reason my "Standard Game Port" was causing the problem. I uninstalled it and i do not get the problem anymore.

Why the **** was this a problem in the first place? lol

It could very well be the problme in many cases. In Vista the Game Ports are not active or in use anymore. Same with Windows 7. So having a driver installed for it could easily cause conflicts.

With XP if the driver in use was out dated it could have been the problem.

but ive been using my computer for so long and now it just started to happen. I didnt do any windows updates or anything like that. Not even new software. It just all of a sudden started happening lol

Do you have Auto updates on? If so it could have been one of those updates that installed. It could have been due to something else like a spyware or something that messed with your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom