Computer shutting off completely

Status
Not open for further replies.

SapperX

Putting the X in Sapper
...when I play an intensive game. Any game that really pushes the system causes the system to just completely shut off out of nowhere. My initial thought is power supply yet mine should be fully capable of my system.

Any other ideas?

I just got a new cpu, and my computer with the old cpu did the same thing so I think thats ok. I always have the gpu fan manually going to 80% during games just in case, so it should be plenty cool. I could check the temperature next time however.

First thing I thought of was temps. Let us know what you're getting. You could be hitting the mark where the computer will shut itself off before it gets too hot.

I just got a new cpu heatsink and some AS5. Assuming this doesn't fix the problem, am I correct in assuming its the PSU? Or is there another possibility?

Post the temps and let us know the results.

That PSU should be able to run your system fine.

Are you running any kind of an unstable OC ?

If your cpu is OC'ed try running prime 95 for a bit and keep an eye on the temps while doing so.

Alright guys, completely stuck here. Got a xigmatek 120 and some AS5, my temps are perfectly fine. The computer, however, still shuts off mid game. Keep in mind that it did this for two cpu's and two different mobo's. I'm left to believe it is either the psu or the graphics card. However if it was the card, wouldnt the game just crash? Not the whole computer...

I dont know!

It's probably the Coolmax Power Supply. While they call it 600watts, any other "good" manufacturer would probably label it as 450-500 watt on any given day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom