Computer shutdown and will not boot anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

xStevey_Bx

Baseband Member
i was in the middle of doing something for school and the computer just turned off all by itself and restarted the load sequence. My DFI diagnostic thing went through all the lights and everything was fine until windows tried to load, just before the boot bar came up on screen i got a blue hardware error screen for about half a second and the computer began again.

I took a hard drive from another computer which i know works and tried it but I got the same problem, it boot up to a certian point and then restart.

Could someone help me diagnose this fault, I am willing to try anything you eed me to do to get a better idea of the problem.

Try pressing f8 continually after you turn on the computer and booting into safe mode. Also, if you have integrated things on your mobo (sound card, video, lan) pull out any redundant cards.

Dan

i tried booting into safe mode and I also tried loading the last known good hardware configuration. Nothing worked :(

It would be helpful if you told us what the BSOD said, if you still have your XP disc, boot off it and attempt a repair. It will replace OS files.

Does the harddrive make any strange noises such as clicking?

you should go to your computer system, and see what's the error. do you know what's the error key said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom