Computer Shut Off and won't turn back on

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomicidalWookie

Baseband Member
Ok, I was playing a nice game of Guild Wars when all of the sudden my computer shuts off, I didn't think anything of it until when I try to turn it on, the fans will turn on as long as I'm pressing the power button but turn off when I let off, nothing else is booting up, any idea what this could be?

Yeah, but it's not gonna fit in the case, so I guess I'll just have to jury rig to try it. Also I took it apart and I see that the case fans that are connected directly to the PSU are spinning like they should but the CPU fan isn't doing anything. The power LED on the mobo is on or else I'd say the mobo isn't getting power.

Alvin.C said:
...does this happen often?
Nope, this is the first time, I did a system restore today because it wasn't waking up after it went to sleep but this doesn't seem like a software issue.

did you put it back in??? that battery keeps all your bios settings from going to default everytime among other things... you might need a new one...

Ok, I'm having this problem again but now as soon as I plug in the power cable the fans will spin up (except the cpu fan) but I am unable to start the computer. I fixed it once by leaving it unplugged overnight but I tried that now and nothing happened. I tried resetting the CMOS battery and nothing happened, tried it without the CMOS batter and the same thing happened, could my battery be dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom