Computer shut off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenenbaum

In Runtime
I have a built computer composed of a Q6600, 650TX Corsair PS, Asus p5e Motherboard, 4850 Video card, etc etc.

What happened was I was moving my computer to my girlfriends house after a 2 hour drive. The computer was very secure the whole time.
I then set it up in her house, and I was getting my speakers working correctly, listening to some music and the computer just shut off.
I then unplugged it and tried a new wire, and it didn't start up.
The lights on the motherboard come on (And in my video card).
I then press the power button and the lights flicker and the fan flicks and stops moving (In the PSU).
I then tried to press the button again, but then no light flicker or anything, I then unplugged and tried again, and it flickered, and then still wouldn't turn on.

Any idea what this could be? Its been running fine for 3-5 months now without any issues.

Its truely appreciated and I hope we can figure this out.
Thanks.

I would try resetting the CMOS for starters. If that doesn't work you'll need to find and try a different PSU.

I've tried resetting the CMOS to no avail.
If the motherboard LED light comes on, and the light for my sound card, how could it be my power supply?
Maybe it just died? Before it shut off, it sounded like it got kicked.

Edit: I did the paperclip trick and the fan came on the power supply, except it was also giving off a slight ticking noise and a very weird high pitched bearly could hear it noise, but the noise hurt my ears.

Thanks for your support and help.

New Power Supply time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom