Computer is seeing a "Virtual SCSI DVD drive"?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igetshockedalot

In Runtime
1. Recently I started having problems with my CD and DVD Drives... The system doesn't want to boot and locks up if there is a disk in either drive and in my contol panel screen there are 3 drives listed (even though I only have 2). 2 are labeled physical drives and the other one says that it is a virtual drive. I have no idea how or why that happened. When I get home tomorrow I will post some screen captures.
2. I've noticed that my PC becomes slow as all get out after exiting from BF 2. I had to install the game using Alcohol 120 due to issue listed above. I think that the game's performance should be better than it is too....

Thanks for the advice / help!

have you installed any new cd writing or DVD software recently? a lot of this kind of software comes with a virtual drive that will enable you to mount CD/DVD images from your hard drive.

As for the not booting have you installed a new drive? if so are your master/slave settings still correct? you put it on a different cable to your hard drive?

meh, sounds like a mounted virtual drive via alcohol120. Other programs like Daemon tools and Virtua Drive does this. You might experience loading problems on games that see this as possible copyright problems. If they detect a virual drive (as above) they will abort.

killians45 said:
meh, sounds like a mounted virtual drive via alcohol120. Other programs like Daemon tools and Virtua Drive does this. You might experience loading problems on games that see this as possible copyright problems. If they detect a virual drive (as above) they will abort.

I think you may have something there... I did have to install Alcohol 120 the other day to get BF2 installed. So that's where the virtual drive came from... Ok, so any ideas about why I had to do that? Does it mean that my drives are malfunctioning? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom