Computer screen goes black

Status
Not open for further replies.

azer

Solid State Member
my computer screen periodically turns black and there is nothing i can do to revive it. i'm leaning towards a video card issue right now.... it happened twice just when i moved a meter away from my computer, when it happens the screen turns black and the little green light on the lcd blinks to tell you that its not getting a signal.. any suggestions/help would be appreciated

but its just random.. so i doubt its the connections... even so i did take out the card and put it back... and vaccumed some dust

Hi! Let me ask you this: When you turn on your PC your screen goes black after BIOS or you don't even get past BIOS? Do you just get a blinking cursor or the blinking cursor AND the "No Signal Found" message? There's a couple of causes for those issues: Video Card failure or improperly seated (which you say you already checked...Check again and also fans and video cable from monitor to PC; check for bent pins or any damage in the connector), or Motherboard not initializing the video card or any other Motherboard failure. IMPORTANT: DO YOU HEAR ANY BEEPS WHEN YOU START THE PC? If so, pay attention to the pattern, like how many short or long beeps. Please, post back with more info and results after checking those things. Goog Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom