Computer Restoring For HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcreekmo321

Beta member
Hey my friend downloaded a virus on my computer and i need to restore my computer. I dont have the original restore disk and i know that you can burn one or do it manually. I was wondering if anyone knew how to do it and would like to tell me how. I would greatly appreciate it because i cant do anything on my computer right now and it really sucks. Thanks in advance

Hello there ...

I know in HP computers .. If your model was purchased after january 2006 you can make your won recovery disks.

you use a tool called ( HP CD/DVD creator ) located when you go to Start -> all programs -> System Recovery.

it will take 2 hours and you will be in need to have 2 or 4 DVD's

However

there is a recovery partition on your system when you restart the computer you can hold F11 on boot, you will log to the recovery program

you will be having two options .. either you can repair Windows or you can make a full recovery which will format everything and reinstall windows.

in your case as long as your computer affected by viruses.

it's recommended to run your viruses scan and incase if there is no luck you can do a full recovery it will take 30min.

All your Data will be lost.

if you don't have a recovery partition and you need recovery disks you can call HP and order for them ( They will charge you for them). (( they will never send it for you for free )) !!

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom