Computer restarts down randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazySoldier

Beta member
Computer restarts randomly

Since yesterday my computer has been restarting randomly, very frequently. I can barely stay on for five minutes without it restarting on me. I doesn't warn me at all, it doesn't even log off, just restarts. How can I fix this problem?

list some system specs and tell us more if u can, did u build it urself? or was it prebuilt, has it always done this since u got it or?...

This happens on my 6 year old Dell XPS. Check that the power cord is inserted fully into the PSU in the back of the tower. Mine is VERY fickle and if it isn't at PRECISELY the right angle with precisely the amount of support, it'll shut down/ restart.

woot6600GT said:
This happens on my 6 year old Dell XPS. Check that the power cord is inserted fully into the PSU in the back of the tower. Mine is VERY fickle and if it isn't at PRECISELY the right angle with precisely the amount of support, it'll shut down/ restart.

This means a loose solder connection or a broken cord.

Ya should resolder it, if ya know what your doing.

My computer is a Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition.

Cicero

AMD anthlon (tm) 64 Processor

3000+

2.00 GHz

448 MB of RAM

Hope that helps

High temps will also make your computer shut down. its a safeguard to make sure you don't fry anything. check your heatsinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom