Computer Restarts and Black Screen Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gthirty7s

Baseband Member
Hey guys recently my computer started restarting by it self and show black screen, the monitor wont detect anything it will just blink like there is no signal going to it, and the pc wont boot back up untill i unplug it from the psu and wait or unplug the sata cables from the hdd's what do you guys think this is?

Re: COMPUTER RESTARTS AND BLACK SCREEN HELP

This sounds like your PSU is failing. It doesn't have enough power to run the system.

Re: COMPUTER RESTARTS AND BLACK SCREEN HELP

it was doing just fine till now so i guess its time for a new psu??
btw when i was building this computer i bought a 850tx corsair
when i installed it the pc wouldnt do anything and show a black screen just like now.
what do you think it might be? im using an old cooler master psu 650w now
cuz the corsair wouldnt work but it was working on my friends computer so i know its not the psu

Try resetting the BIOS firstly. Do this by unplugging the cord from the PSU, press the power button a few times to drain excess power from the computer. Then remove the silver coin battery on the motherboard for a 30 seconds. Pop it back in, plug the computer back in and try turning it on.

Also, try checking to make sure the RAM is properly seated; and maybe try one RAM stick at a time as well.

Lol oops.. yeah, that's what I meant. Although, I was still technically right; unplugging the PSU from the computer (the 24pin connector) would do the same thing :p.

How many peripheral devices do you have connected? Try booting it with only the bare minimum plugged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom