Computer Restarting/Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potatoz

Beta member
Okay, here's the deal. After playing a while in Armed Assault with medium-low settings I get graphic errors, like "stretching of the models". To fix that I quickly lower the settings of the game down as far as it can go.

Also, in Company of Heroes, I can barely play for 10 minutes until I get a Microsoft "Send/Don't Send" error and I look at the technical details and it has something to do with "appcompat.txt" but I can never find the file.

Again, same thing happens with Medal of Honor:Airborne, except I can't even start the game. I either get the "Appcompat.txt" error or the computer just restarts.

And now recently, while trying to play planetside, my game with temporarily freeze and I have do do Ctrl+Alt+Del and click Cancel and it runs again. In the game, the textures don't always load. I'll get models that are all white/gray and even the 2d pictures don't always load. Then, after about doing my temporary fix, the game just freezes up on screen. The sound still plays and I even could type on Xfire in the background, though All I saw was a frozen picture of PlanetSide. So I'm thinking this has to do with my RAM (not sure though).

This is all really starting to **** me off, so here's my hardware:
My stepdad set up my RAM in dual-channel cause I couldn't get it working.

MotherBoard: ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium WiFi-AP Edition
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2046MB RAM (GSkill)
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
Display Memory: 128.0 MB
Sound Card: Sound Blaster LS

I also have a Saitek Keyboard, I had to disable some HIDs in the device manager to get Planetside to start.

If you need to know more just ask. Any ideas on what might be wrong would be appreciated. :)

Appcompat.txt is not the problem. It contains information about the problem. Open it up in notepad, and you'll see what I mean. When you get an error message that references appcompat.txt, it'll usually give you the full path to the file. So click on Start, Run and enter:

notepad C:\DOCUME~1\username\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7b4e.dir00\appcompat.txt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom