Computer regularly freezing accompanied by whirring/clicking noise

JFMac

Beta member
"Computer is regularly freezing, accompanied by loud mechanical whirring clicking noise from the front half of the computer (NOT the speakers). Likely either from hard drive or optics (CD/DVD drive). In between regular clicking/whirring is occasional singular clicks. Freezing: sometimes computer function maintains during this, i.e. a video will continue to play or I can hover over buttons to change display, however I can almost always use mouse."

That's what I've asked countless other sites but to no avail. Was wondering if anybody here could help me! I'm pretty sure the issue is with a part of the computer in the upper front half as that is where the whirring/clicking is coming from. I feel it might be the Seagate Barracuda hard drive. I recently bought all the parts and assembled this computer myself and it has been working fine, aside from PC Case Gear sending me the WRONG hard drive (ordered and payed for a 3TB, received a 2TB - only found out when I had fully installed everything as the hard drive came in just it's plastic casing and not the box).

Also a new member so if this is somehow not the right forum for this, my apologies.

As an additional - It has been happening most recently every time I turn on my computer for the past 12 hours, however after about 30mins of being on it seems to have once again subsided for the time being. I know it will happen again though and it frustrates me! It will likely not happen again for between a day and a week or two, but it will happen again.

Back
Top Bottom