Computer rebooting itself, Monitor gets a "No Signal Input"

Status
Not open for further replies.

phucng_10

Fully Optimized
Hey Tech-Forums, it's been years since I've been here. Haven't been updated with technology for a long while due to it moving so fast. Anyways, I'm here to ask you all to help me solve a problem and save some money (hopefully).

Parents used my desktop as I have gotten a laptop myself. One day, dad uses the desktop and all of a sudden he tells me the computer had just restarted itself. He does the usual by turning it on and this time, the monitor is not receiving any signal hence the "No Input Signal". Along with that problem, the computer is restarting itself as I'm hearing some very low-tone beeping noises about 3-5 seconds apart from one another.

The monitor is fine when it is connected via my laptop. However, when I connect it back to my desktop, it will get the "No Signal Input" message.

Could anybody tell me what the possible problems might be? I'm hoping not to replace anything in this desktop even though it's about 3-4 years old right now.

Thanks in advance for those who can help me solve this problem and save some money from disappearing in my wallet.

If you take the RAM out, wil it beep repetively when turned on? with that, you will know your board is OK. Did you try different RAM slots?

Actually, I find out what was wrong and hopefully that was the problem. 6/10 capacitors on my EVGA 7600GT blew out. I didn't even notice that that had happened until earlier this morning when I went to dust out my tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom