Computer reboot problem! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

tump13b

Beta member
Ok, firstly, a few weeks ago my computer started having problems. When it booted up it said something about bios and i had to press F1 to continue, also, it would randomly reboot when in windows every so often.

The other day though, it got really bad and kept doing it and then it wouldn't even boot! It would load up, then i'd press F1, then it would be normal up to the screen asking whether to load windows normally, with last known configuration that worked, safe mode etc, and then whatever i'd select it would just reboot and do it all again!

Yesterday i moved my computer to a different place because it is easier to get to the back of it from there, and it doesn't do the F1 thing anymore, but the rebooting problem persists.

I put a different hard drive in and the exact same thing happened so i'm thinking it must be a hardware problem.

Please any help would be appreciated! thanks!

get into c:\windows\minidump rar/zip all files , upload to www.mytempdir.com and provide link , ill analyze the recent and let you know , bsod logs are kept in that folder and by default setting windows restarts on a bsod

download everest http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
get into computer-->sensor and take a screenshot

provide system specs including psu brand/model , what do you usally do before it happens? (play games/surfing sites etc) , is the processor overclocked?

Are the drives you are using SATA? I had a problem awhile back with random windows instability causing it to reboot every so often...it turned out that I had not properly installed the sata drivers when installing windows...not sure if that explanation fits with your symptoms but if it does, make sure to load your sata drivers when the windows installation prompts you to press F6 to install scsi and raid drivers.

Hey thanks for replying,

I can't access the minidump because my computer won't boot up, even in safe mode, and I can't download everest on that pc for the same reason,
the system specs are:
athlon64 3400+ not overclocked
ati radeon 9800pro
1gig ddr ram 333
abit kv8 pro motherboard
Think it's a seagate hard drive, 80gb
Windows xp pro 32bit

before it used to happen, yeah i'd play games,music,videos, installed cubase recently to record music, that's the reason I never considered formatting, because i couldn't be bothered installing all the plugins etc again.

No my drives are just using IDE, the last time I installed drivers was quite a while ago, and it was fine for a long time (few months) then it started playing up,
Thanks again!

Enter your BIOS and check out your processor temperatures.

Take note of the settings in your BIOS then power off the PC and remove the CMOS battery from your mobo, put it back in 20 mis later and go back into bios and restore your settings.

If that doesn't work use the windows CD to get to the repair console then get us those files jeremy refered to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom