Computer randomly shutting off....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreator

Solid State Member
I've had this problem for some time. Usualy after i use my computer for like and hour/ hour and a half it will just randomly shut off. about a month ago i dusted off the fan/cpu and the problem seemed to go away then oneday after manualy shutting off my pc it simply would not boot after that. It would get stuck on verifying dmi pool data then ask for a windows disk. so my brother concluded that my hard drive had died. Lucky for me i was able to procure an extra hard drive from my mom's pc so i set it up; refornmatted and was back in buisness... or so i thought my computer just started shutting off again. so what might the problem be? will a computer just shut off liek that if its a cooling problem or is it my PSU?

btw im new here so hi everyone

Edit: my system is an almost 4 year old emachines with following upgrades: 1 Radeon 9600 (previously onboard graphics)
2 x2 512 ram sticks (previously x1 256) 70gb hardrive (previously 35 gb) not sure but i think my PSU is barely 300 watts max is it possible that its no longer able to handle the energy load?

A better PSU wouldn't hurt. It sounds like it is getting too hot to me though. The fans all run at the correct speed? What is your CPU temp?

the guide helped alot. from what ive determind my computer is simply outdated and falling apart. time to upgrade

also for anyone who knows a thing or two about power supplies:
on my computer shuts off i have to pull the power plug out the socket for at least a sec after which i plug it in and my computer automaticaly boots up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom