Computer Randomly Restarts then BSOD About USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

k0rana

Baseband Member
For the past month my computer has been restarting randomly. So I went to this sticky to try to solve the problem myself.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/pc-troubleshooting-procedure-list-208005/

I did a virus scan, and there are no viruses. I used Memtest86+ to check for faulty memory, and it didn't find any. Then I turned off the "automatically reboot on error" setting.

It appeared to work until yesterday. I got a BSOD about USB. Here is the exact wording.

A problem as been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps.

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.

If the problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000FE (0x0000000000000008, 0x0000000000000006, 0x0000000000000006, 0xFFFFFA8005B60640)

Collecting data for crash dump ...
Initializing disk for crash dump ...
Beginning dump of physical memory.
Dumping physical memory to disk: 100
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system admin or technical support group for further assistance.
Anyone know what I should do?

Also, here are my computer specs:
CPU: 3.0 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 940
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P 790X
Memory: 2 x 2GB DDR2 800 G.Skill
Video Card: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4870 1GB
Hard Drive: Western Digital 1TB SATA
Optical Drive: Old PATA DVD-Burner
Case: Mid-Tower Cooler Master
PSU: 700W Cooler Master

Try disconnecting your USB devices one by one. There's a fault someplace.

When does this BSOD come up, a certain program?

load up the dump files to here, someone else hear can help with that.

The only devices that are using the USB are the keyboard and mouse at the time of the BSOD.

I remember when it gave me a BSOD. Yesterday, I restarted my computer. When I first reached the log in screen, it kind of locked up. My keyboard didn't work, but my mouse can move. Then I get the BSOD. Then I restarted my computer again, and there is no BSOD.

How do I check the dump files?

What's the proper way to view these dump files? Sorry, I have never done this before.

I would try a different mouse and keyboard. If that doesn't fix the problem I would RMA the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom