Computer Randomly Blank Screens and CPU crashes(?)

flipp1234567

In Runtime
Hi,
This just happened and I'm not sure why.
I was using my computer as usual andboth my monitors became a black screen and a white screen respectively (Main/Secondary). The music i was playing also stopped so i'm inclined to believe it's not a GPU problem but of course i can be wrong. The GPU is also new (<2 months).

This has happened with my older GPU (before it fried) where the screens just go black but music and Discord/Skype works (i can hear and they can hear me)

My system is pretty old aside from the GPU.
i5-2500k @ 4.5GHz
16GB RAM
750 Corsair PSU
Vega64 ROG STRIX

Thanks

Have you noticed your computer getting hot? Also maybe check ram usage but seems unlikely that's the issue as 16GB is more than enough for general purposes.

Possible your hard drive is going. Could be the hard drive that crashes considering your screen goes blank. Is it possible you could try booting your computer from a different hard drive?

You might wanna check CPU usage and RAM usage. Ctrl+alt+delete to open Task manager. This could hint a buggy program.

Last edited:
I know Firefox uses a lot of resources and that's all I had running at the time (active) with discord and steam running on idle.

My CPU Temps were about 45C and my GPU was about 50C

Back
Top Bottom