computer random bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.

harnar123

Daemon Poster
It just started recently, I am temped to think I have fried my cpu cause I have pushed it pretty good. I just got a 260gtx from a guy on here. Also, I have been adding 0.2v to my ram for overclocking. I really have no clue what it is.

My temperatures all seam to be fine, so I just really don't know.

actually it is only happening after I returned everything to stock lol. Also it litereally flashes for a milisecond then restarts....

I am assuming you have xp here based on the restarts after the bsod.

lets set it to not restart after an error so you can get the stop code.

control panel / system / advanced tab / start up and recovery click settings button / uncheck automatically restart. Press ok.

Now you can get the error.

Second note. when you removed the OC did you reset bios to default of just lower the OC numbers down. If you just lowed the numbers perhaps you forgot one or two.

I would reset cmos just to be safe.

I did the error-checking on my hard drive, and it says windows was unable to complete disc check. This might be it, cause I have also noticed that L4d has had random files missing/corrupted recently. To reset Cmos I just pull the quarter like battery out and put in back in ( I have the gigabyte ep35-ds3l).

Something else that is strange is that I can play a game at max resolution and that won't cause things to crash..
Also when I use windbg it says my computer is not saving it right or something like that....

I have to crucial tracers 4gb, I recently put 2gb more in. I was putting them at 0.2v above stock voltage. I hope I have answered everything now, and I will post the info next time it bsod's on me.

Memory_Management twice now
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 3 times.
and one more I can't remember.
Sometimes my pc says that a file is corrupt, but then the program that needs it works.
I did delete the some registry (related to the 30 day windows activation thingy).

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/how-troubleshoot-specific-stop-errors-193301/

STOP 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

A kernel-mode process or driver attempted to access a memory location without authorization. This STOP error is typically caused by faulty or incompatible hardware or software. The name of the offending device driver often appears in the STOP error and can provide an important clue to solving the problem. If the error message points to a specific device or category of devices, try removing or replacing devices in that category. If this STOP error appears during Setup, suspect an incompatible driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup program.

Check you memory with memtest. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom