Computer Problem Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

funami

Baseband Member
I recently brought my computer to a friends house for a small lan and we didnt use a very well set up power plan and my computer just shut off one time and it seemed like my power supply blew out because it wouldnt turn back on it would just quit out and so i bought a new power suply and now the power supple will turn on when i flip the back of the switch and so will everything else in my computer but nothing will pop up on the screen pls help :/

resetting the cmos might help,but considering your situation its a long shot , two ways if #1 wont work then try #2
1) theres a jumper near the battery, while the pc is off put it to pins 2-3 for about 10 seconds then put it back to pins 1-2 and power up
2) disconnect the power cord from the back of the psu then take out the battery for 30 minutes then put it back (put back exactly as it was do not put it on the other side) and reconnect the power cord and power up
*if any of em will work and youll see a message like "cmos checksum error" then get into the bios and load optimized/performance/setup defaults and save & exit*

its very likely that your graphic card got fried or your mobo partly fried (its very common for cheap psu's to take down other parts when they die) , rma the mobo or get a new/used one if you dont have warranty , you can test the graphic card on a friends pc if you want but its much more likely that the mobo is faulty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom