Computer Problem - Not Booting - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2007, 11:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Computer Problem - Not Booting

I installed Vista yesterday, but realized my cpu and ram where at like 80% all the time, so i partioned my hd, put my xp cd in and rebooted, it loaded the disk and started copying files, without even asking me which drive to place them in, after this it rebooted itself, and did the exact same thing, so i removed the disk and rebooted. It then said error loading operating system, so i tried putting the disk in again, which didn't work. So now it doesn't even say "error...." it just loads the bit of screen with my company name is, and does nothing =(

Any Ideas?

Old 05-28-2007, 07:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
I know <html>, do you?
Send a message via AIM to SYL\X/3K Send a message via Yahoo to SYL\X/3K
Default Re: Computer Problem - Not Booting

id throw in the HD to a different system and slave it , back up whatever is needed and wipe it clean, what happened was it over written on Vista and it might of corrupt because the installation wasn't finished. But i think if you overwrite the HD with the XP it should still given you a choice weither to boot into Vista or XP .

Old 05-31-2007, 01:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: Computer Problem - Not Booting

yea and to its very hard to dual boot with vista, you can do it but i read that it has to be done a certain way and changes to vistas boot file are needed because i believe vistas "boot.ini" is totally different from xp...but yea i would do what sylwek said to do its almost beyond repair now
-E6300 Intel Core Duo 1.86GHz
-ASUS P5NSLI Motherboard
-OCZ PC6400 800MHz 4x1GB Platinum series
-XFX 8800GTX
-OCZ Gamer Xtream 700W PSU
-2x160GB WD HD in RAID 0
-Antec Nine Hundred case
Closed Thread