Computer Problem... hardware or software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny Red

Baseband Member
i can get vista to turn on 1 out of 8 times but my computer just turns off, when
vista doesn't completely load also my computer turns off after the post test when the computer is displaying hardware information. my computer can stay in safe mode without a problem.

I originally thought that maybe it was a PSU problem but I'm not sure, could it be a vista problem it doesn't seem that it would. but at this point i'm willing to try anything I would Appreciate any ideas

Post system specs including PSU. Other than that check your Even Viewer for any kind of errors.

Start>Run>eventvwr.msc

Processor: Intel E6850
Motherboard: GA-P35-DS4 v2.0 W/ on board sound and Nic
RAM: 4GB OCZ RAM
VIDEO CARD: Nvidia 8800GT
PSU: Cooler Master 750w
HARD DRIVE: (2) 500GB Western Digital Drives

I will look at the event view when i'm at home tonight, Thanks for the idea

The only way it would be related to the PSU is if you got a bad one. Cooler Master is a decent brand from what i have read and you certainly have enough power. So it has to be software related.

I know now that it is not software or hardrive last night i reformat my drive and it still died an then bought a new drive same thing happend so now it can only be PSU, Motherboard, Or RAM some how

i thought i ran memtest and it said it was good but ill see if i can find any ram to switch to. i might buy a new psu tonight or tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom