Computer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt08642

Daemon Poster
On my old computer (old because i had to get an new one) when i try to boot up it says that I can't. here is the exact message:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If thisw is a new installation, ask your hardware or sofware manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000ED (0x80E36A68, 0x0000032, 0X000000000, 0X000000000)

What can I do? I don't have anything important on it, so if the drive has to be wiped or something, i don't care...

this is the type of screen it displays.
screen1.jpg

Boot into the recovery console with your XP CD and run this command "chkdsk /r". This will scan and repair the drive if there is any damage. Reboot and see if it goes into Windows. Please post your results.

When I type chkdsk /r in the A:\> command prompt, it tells me to use SCANDISK instead, but when i type SCANDISK it says Bad command or filename

EDIT: NVM I just reformatted the entire harddrive and my brother will install Windows on it on thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom