Computer PROBLEM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

05zx3

Beta member
Ok, we have a little problem...

My friend and i rebuilt my computer and when we went to start it up it started beeping and i couldnt see anything on my monitor... so we swapped out the video card and that didnt work then we tried rama nd that didnt work. Then somehow i was swapping ram out again and we believe it was just taht the ram wasnt in 100% becuase it started working.

The problem is... we put the stuff from my friend's computer back into his and now his computer is beeping and having tyhe same problem mine had. We checked and the video card and ram are still good, but weve been trying for 6 hours and cant get it to work!! we know that the ram and video card are all in nice and tight cause we tried them prbably 100 times.

One more thing.. we now have it starting without beeping but still no video!

Does anyone have any clue on what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

What are your specs on your friends computer?
Did you make sure and ground yourself before messing with your ram and vid card.Static can kill it.

ugh taking things in and out is always a bad idea, ESD might have killed something. All I can think of is making sure the video card is in properly and the monitor is properly connected and all the power cords are back in. As a last resort I THINK its worth a shot putting rubbing alcohol on the contacts on your video card, allowing it to dry then putting it back in. Someone else help me out here, its ok to put rubbing alcohol on the contacts if it drys before you put it back in right?

Also, what do the beeps sound like, there are different beep codes and you could check them out to find out exactly what your motherboard is complaing about.

Like everyone else said, you should always ground urself before touching anything in the computer. Let them sit overnight, then come back to it the next day. Its werid sometimes that alone works Ive seen it happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom