Computer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankit3000

Baseband Member
Just for information, first of all, here are the specs of my comp: HP Customer Care local language selection  (I am sorry for the link, but I am not sure what information might be needed)

So here is the problem. I used to have XP installed on this. A week ago, the computer started restarting randomly. Sometimes I could run it for hours without a restart and sometimes it would restart in a short time. After a few days, I got a message which said that something in my XP installation is corrupted. I didn't have an XP cd, so I installed Windows Vista. I thought that the problem was with XP, but now the same thing is beginning to happen with Vista.

So I thought that this might be some hardware problem, but I am not sure what the problem could be. So can anyone please tell me what I should do, and how to solve this problem? Thanks.

If it is the hardware, can you tell me how to fix it? Will I have to go to a store to fix it?

Just wanted to add this, I got BSOD today. Could BSOD be related to this? And anyways, what causes BSOD.

Random restarts are most commonly associated with power supply problems. If you have access to a newer power supply try swapping them out for a few days and see if it fixes your problem. NTFS file systems usually protect your system files from sudden shutdowns but if they happen frequently anything is possible. I would defiantly recommend checking all the power connections inside your case as networkgeek added. That would be my first step in solving this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom