Computer powers on for a second or two, then turns off

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep sounds about right. mine just went out, so i know how it feels, i was lucky enough to have a doner power supply less than 3 feet away, cause this old ps that was in it was crying for help the second i put it in (my system uses less than 100w, and when my hdd would spin up, this 250w ps fan would bog down, and the lights on the front of the tower would dim. a 145w ps has more umph that that poc. so yes, try a different power supply.

bradkenyon said:
So I made a bunch of unplugs and power ups.

Conclusing, it will stay powered on without being plugged in the dvd drives, hard drive, and the ram in.

If the hard drive is plugged in, it will stay on for 5 seconds, but if everything is plugged in - it'd be on for a second or two.

If the ram is plugged in, and nothing else, it stays on forever, or until i turn it off to trouble shoot another thing.

If I leave one the dvd rom's plugged in, it will stay on for 20-30 seconds, then both dvd's plugged in, it will turn off after 3-4 seconds.

If the hard drive is plugged in w/ the ram, it automatically turns off, same w/ just the hard drive plugged in, and nothing else plugged in.

I have a feeling that the power supply doesn't have enough juice.

PSU:
Mustang Model: LC-B350ATX (MAX 350W)

I am pretty sure it is. If it is, that will be a cheap fix.

Let me know what you think, and what kind of power supply should I get (on newegg) - max watt? 450? Current one is 350

Sounds like a dead PSU to me. Bury it in the garden, and buy a 500w one from newegg...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom