computer overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

werdna35

In Runtime
I have an HP dv4000 laptop. I do some light gaming on it, like CoD, Rome total war and empire earth. It used to run all of these fine with no problem but then out of nowhere it started to lag a lot on cod and crash all the time. now I only really play empire earth and rome total war but like 20 minutes into either game my computer starts to get really hot. if I dont stop playing it will just shut off. even sitting idle it feels really hot. I hear the fan running but I don't know what is wrong with it. I used to be able to run those games without it overheating. any ideas? It gets really hot in the upper left hand corner.

OK, so I am not doing anything on my computer right now besides listening to iTunes and writing this. CPU usage is like 10% and the temps are HD0: 32C, Temp1: 62C, Temp2: 39C.

Im assuming so. If HP's cpu is in the upper left corner. in the diagnostic thing for speedfan it has a flame next to it, lol. how do i fix this?

Normal tem at which a laptop shouls run is 35-40 35 degrees Celsius.I can suggest you few tips:
1)do not put ur laptop in bag white it is ON.
2) Laptops have two or three air vents at the bottom and normally two on the sides or back.Make sure they breate properly.

Done all that. It's basically a desktop replacement for school so I rarely ever take it anywhere. Checked all the vents and fans, none are blocked or jammed.

My PC is overheating also but not sure wats d prob... my pc reached 91 degrees C max already...i have 2 fans an a CPU fan an heatsink as well...b4 my pc was 2 run good but jus recently this stared happenin...can u help me out? its a Intel Pentium 4 Processor 3Ghz...anymore info needed, jus ask...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom