Computer Overheat Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocylith

Beta member
Well I recently downgraded (upgraded?) my operating system from Windows Vista to Windows XP and since then I've been having some strange overheat issues.

After about 10 minutes of gameplay on any game, my computer shuts down due to overheating (that's what I'm assuming). The strange thing about this is that it never happened while using Vista as my OS. I have all my drivers up to date, and none of my settings are any different from when I used Vista so I don't have much of an idea on what's going on.

Thanks in advance.

Download Realtemp and run that. Post back with your idle temps and your load temps.

What CPU do you have? e.g. Pentium 4, i7 920, etc.

edit: PATRONBeat me to it :D lol (omg that's such a bad joke)

This is what speedfan says:
3518vt0.jpg

Here are specs (Courtesy of EVEREST)

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 3

Motherboard:
CPU Type Mobile , 2200 MHz
Motherboard Name Acer Aspire 5050
Motherboard Chipset ATI Radeon Xpress 200M, AMD Hammer
System Memory 896 MB (Registered DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Phoenix (11/14/07)

Display:
Video Adapter ATI Radeon Xpress Series (256 MB)
Video Adapter ATI Radeon Xpress Series (256 MB)
3D Accelerator ATI Radeon Xpress 200M (RS482M)
Monitor Generic Television

Anything else you want, ask.

That's way too hot. Try blowing out the dust. And make sure the laptop is on a surface where it can breathe.

Agreed, that temperature is much too high. I'd advise against any more attempts at gaming/anything on that until you get this heat issue sorted.
Try going into the BIOS and disabling fan control. Set everything to max manually.

Usually there'll be some sensors in the bios detecting fan speed etc. make sure all the fans are spinning too.

Agreed, that temperature is much too high. I'd advise against any more attempts at gaming/anything on that until you get this heat issue sorted.
Try going into the BIOS and disabling fan control. Set everything to max manually.

Usually there'll be some sensors in the bios detecting fan speed etc. make sure all the fans are spinning too.

I have a single fan, and it's spinning.

My BIOS doesn't have any options to control my fan. I've recently flashed it and no new features were added.

Wow.. Yha thats insanely hot... You said the fan spins, but does it blow air.... It could be clogged abit higher up, so it isn't cooling.

How confident are you? You might haven to open up the computer to clean out the inside.

You said you just updated the bios... did you overheat before? Might want nto try the old one again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom