Computer only shows 127gb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraph

In Runtime
Just got a new hard drive and completely reinstalled windows and fully updated it. It is a 500gb samsung drive, and on startup (before windows loads) one of the screens that comes up distinctly says "500 gb."

But when I go to My Computer it says the drive only has 127 GB. I have heard of the "137 GB barrier" that is supposed to be fixed by the service packs, but mine says 127. Anyone know what to do?

yes... I fully updated windows... meaning that I installed SP2 and other updates.

Hello! try reformatting the disk in the classic way, using the win98 bootable disk, then choose the large supprt. create your partition if you want, logical drives don't forget. you should see some info of your disk after these, including the volume, partitions, and of course the size of your disk. this should work because it's the classics dude!

you are telling me that I have to format it AGAIN when I just spent ALL FREAKIN day getting it up and running with the programs that I want. There has to be an easier way than that, because there is no way in **** that I am about to reformat it again in the near future.

you are telling me that I have to format it AGAIN when I just spent ALL FREAKIN day getting it up and running with the programs that I want. There has to be an easier way than that, because there is no way in **** that I am about to reformat it again in the near future.

Looks like you'll have to my friend.

You're going to have to reformat it my friend. Sorry to say, but that's what I'm doing at the moment. I'm not putting a lot of files into my computer yet because it's still running a bit weird. I either just reformat it with the files I do not need or back it up onto a CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom