Computer occasionaly has trouble POSTing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freakohollik

Beta member
Hello everyone, I'm new here. I'm having some computer issues and this looked like a nice community to get some advice.

Okay, so here's whats going on. Most of the time my computer POSTs and boots up just fine. However, sometimes my computer takes a while (~1 minute) to POST then, after finally POSTing, it tells me that my system is in safe mode and I should check the CPU and memory timings in the BIOS. I then go into the BIOS, change nothing, and my system works fine.

This went on for a few weeks, but I ignored it since it wasn't a big deal. Then my computer started not POSTing. I moved my stick of RAM into another slot then it started working fine. Now I've started seeing the same slow POST problem again.

My computer is quite new, I ordered the parts from NewEgg and put it together in September. I can't remember when I first started seeing the problem, but I haven't made any hardware changes since first assembling it.

Motherboard: Asus P5ND2-SLI
RAM: 1 stick of 1 GB Kingston DDR-667
PSU: 430 W Thermaltake

I've got a couple of ideas lined up for the culpret:
1) Bad RAM
2) Bad Mobo
3) PSU is too weak (don't think so)
4) Battery is bad (doubt it)

So what I'm wondering is:
1) Will this problem get worse?
2) How can I fix it?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

its possibly bad ram if its taking about timings it might have fried....try loading bios defaults and see what that does...try all the slots...if the one still does not go thru post but the other one is still slow and the other two say work fine...or are even slow..then i believe it would be a bad mobo....also do you have a WD HD? if u do check for jumpers....WD is picky when it comes to jumpers if its IDE ,especially if the dvd/cd rom has jumpers set on it as well..if its SATA dont worry about it..if you leave it this problem will get worse, it wont be a bad battery normally the side effects are computer not keeping time and if u have stuff oc'd it goes back to defaults so thats not a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom