Computer not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

randro

Beta member
This will be long so bear with me.....
So my computer just stopped working and i will attempt to give you guys all the details. This is a new computer as in i built it over the summer with all new parts( i think might be some referb.) and it has worked amazingly up until now. A week or so ago there was an error notification that popped up that said one of the hard drives had failed but that it was working now, I ignored it because i thought it was my hard drive that was crappy ( i have a 1tb 7200 new hard drive and i have a 80gb ****ty old one, the problem is that windows is installed on both and windows ****ed up and started on the 80 old one and i was going to try to fix it soon) was going to get corrupted and i could start anew. The only problem is that it said the new one was bad so i just ignored it. My computer has a radeon HE 2000 series i think and its an i3 sandy bridges, and 8gb of ram, and i forget the motherboard. So an hour ago i was rendering a video in after effects while browsing the internet and syncing my ipod to itunes, and what happened is that it froze and then the monitor turned off and the led in the front of my case was still on, and my ipod was still charging. When i turned it off and turned it on again it didn't work just a blank screen on both my monitors so it cant be my monitors. So i turned my computer on and the led and the usb started working and the components could be heard turning on and stuff, then when i pressed the power button after waiting for a while for it to turn on it, everything turned off very quickly like i pressed it and as soon as i did everything was off. Please help guys I don't know what is wrong!

Disconnect both of your hard drives. See if anything improves. If not, try running on a single RAM stick.

If your system says your drive is bad, never ignore it. That coould mean that your HDD could be on its way out.

if you still dont get picture after MindoverMaster advise, make a short in the battery on the motherboard and turn it on with out the battery on, keep only 1 memory stick and no HDDs, if you do get picture it will tell you your missing bootable unit, so try connect all again and run some HDD testing tools from DOS (dont like the ones from windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom