Originally posted by superdave1984
Sounds like the fan is dying, and if so that can prevent your PC from starting. That way it doesn't overheat and fry the CPU. Try a couple drops of WD-40 on the fan and see what happens. Not spray it, just a couple drops. That will delay the inevitable and also make your fan turn way faster. Use with extreme caution.
Who in their right ming told you that? A dying fan will not cause this, lol.
Anyway clear the cmos and/or remove the battery. Move the ram around and only try it with one stick. If that doesn't work then try this.
Make sure your internal speaker is hooked up. If you have an extra psu you can try that (odd's are it is fine though) Remove everything from the board (ram, video card, sound card, all IDE cables for drives, floppy cables etc, etc) Just keep the cpu in and all the power connectors connected to the board. If it doesn't beep at you then the boards toast.