Computer Not Starting Up

Altruse

Beta member
Hello, I don't use forums much but this place seems like its fairly active and I am in a bit of trouble with my computer.

Problem: When I press the power button my fans turn on and off 3 times then stop, the computer doesn't turn on. After removing a stick of ram and pressing the power button it starts up. I shut down the computer put the stick back in and it starts up again.

If I turn the computer off this issue reappears.

More info: This is the stock computer: Stock Computer I replaced the following parts
The power supply with: Power Supply, Graphics Card, and the Tower. I also upgraded to Windows 7 32-bit
Nothing is overclocked, and the computer currently has 3 gigs of ram instead of the stock 4 because my friend who said he was good with computers said the ram was friend the first time this happened to me a few years back. But now I don't think that's the case since the computer boots up fine if it has been booted up with less ram earlier.

I hope this was enough information for you guys to be able to assist me in finding out what's wrong with my computer :\

Back
Top Bottom