Computer not shutting down properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambab

Baseband Member
Recently, its only happened 3 or 4 times in passed week or so but when i turn off my computer, it shuts down as normal it says shutting down, the monitor then turns off and you think the computer is off.

But then you look at the computer and the light is still on and you can hear the CPU fan still running and some other stuff running, im not sure whether this is the beginning of a bigger problem occuring or whether its just a glitch.

I then just held the power button in, but when it boots up it doesnt say unexpected shutdown or anything like that, which makes me think its a hardware problem rather than a software problem.

Im just not sure what causes it and why it does it, any ideas?

It might be something with your network card, mouse, or keyboard. It is set, by default, to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" as well as "Allow this device to wake the computer"

Unchecking those have helped me countless times.

It might be something with your network card, mouse, or keyboard. It is set, by default, to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" as well as "Allow this device to wake the computer"

Ive had this issue, in my case it was my network card messing with it - good luck!!!

Ok, and where do i go to change this? im using windows vista

Device Manager

Double click the device, (probably the network adapter in this case) click the Power Management tab, and uncheck the top two boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom