computer not regonizing my HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnOfDoom

Daemon Poster
Ok i have a self built computer with a SATA HDD. i try to install windows XP but it says it can find a HDD is there anything i can do in the bios to fix this. all the cables are connected correctly. this is a major problem.

When windows starts to install you need to hit F6. It will prompt you to do this and you have to have a sata driver disk in the A: drive and then it will prompt you for the proper driver. I think you need two drivers .

The problem is i dont have an A: drive all i got is a D: drive can i download the bios upgrade on a CD from my old computer and then install it while still in the bios? If so how do i go about doing so.

there should be a setting in your bios where you setup your sata, mine says "Mode - " and if it is set to sata, change it to IDE

I dont have one of those options can i update the bios by downloading a the file from the internet off my old computer and puting it on a CD and install it on the new one? I read up on my mobo and they have had a similar problem and they have a bios update to fix it. So can i put it on a CD and install on the new one?

What motherboard do you have? If the BIOS is offered as an ISO you can burn an image of it.

can you not just borrow a floppy drive from another PC?

on the motherboard driver disc, there will be the SATA drivers. install them from borrowed floppy when installing windows.

my mobo never came with a Floppy and i can borrow a floppy drive no prob my mobo came with a CD so is that it? so when windows is installing and it is finished and it asks me what do i want to do like continue to start windows or exit or repair. so when its got that up i just take the windows disk and i put in the mobo CD i got with it. right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom