Computer not recognizing sound device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakalaka

Beta member
Hi everyone.

i am having problems with my sound. i was loading a youtube video and suddenly flash crashes, which makes my browser crash, and then i notice a little red "x" where the speaker symbol normally is. it tells me that there is "no audio output device installed" which was strange because it was fine earlier.

now i searched for solutions here, before registering. the ubiquitous suggestion was to go in the device manager and locate the sound card in "sound, video, and game controllers" and scan for hardware changes. i attempted this only to realize that "sound, video, and game controllers" doesnt come up in my device manager.

the other thing widely suggested was to re-install the drivers. i went to the hp website (ill provide specs in a sec) and downloaded the drivers, but it didnt install properly because the "audio device could not be found" (same with real tek drivers as well).

before i give the specs, two interesting things happened:

- i uninstalled the flash player (i believe it had something to do with it), and everything audio related, and installed the real tek drivers and restarted and the "sound, video, and game controllers" came up on the device manager after the reboot. there was an "unknown device" which i presumed to be my soundcard. i right clicked an chose to scan for hardware changes, but then the device manager was refreshed and i never saw "sound, video, game controllers" again after that.

-i looked in my registry (computer/hkey_local_machine/system/controlset001/control/class/{4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}) and saw in the data column, "sound, video, game controllers". i dont really know what this means.

finally, specs:

Compaq presario f761us
windows 7 x64
amd athlon 64 x2 dual core processor tk-57 1.90 ghz
1 gb ram
quanta 30ea mobo
nvidia nforce 560 chipset

i cant say anything about the soundcard because the computer cant see and i dont kno it off the top of my head.

help would greatly be appreciated, as the main source of my income is dependent on my ability to dj on my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom