Computer not powering on........

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaZ85

Solid State Member
Hey guys, this is my first post, I've been reading the boards for quite some time now, but this was the first time I ever needed to post a question.

I saw a similar topic, but it seemed a little different, so I didn't wanna hijack anyone elses thread on them.

Basically I was on my computer, and it just turned off, and I haven't been able to get it to turn back on. I opened up the case and checked all of my connections, but haven't had any luck. Basically, when I push the power button, nothing happens except if you look very closely at 1 of my LED fans, you might notice a quick "flicker" of light, that keeps happening once every minute or so. Also, the POST display is lit up, reading 00 until the power is pushed, then alternating from 8.3. to 9.6. once the power is pushed. Referirng to the manual, 8.3. means "ATX power supply ready" and 9.6. mean "De-assert CPU core voltage". Not sure exactly what all of that means.

Another things I should probably mention is that the only over clocking that I ever did was for my graphics card using PowerStrip, and the computer shut down while I was running a 3dmark06 test.

I included some specs under my sig.

Do you guys have any clue what could be wrong, I was thinking either the power supply or the motherboard, but I dont have another power supply to swap at the moment to test it.

Thanks in advance, any insight would be helpful.

Try another power supply. If its the psu that came with your case then get another one for sure, because they are pure junk.

Yeah, it is the one that came with the case, but I was wondering, if it was the power supply, would the POST display still be working?

i ahve had this problem b4 one it could be your psu if replace that it still doesnt work then it is your processor that burned.

Well, I guess that explains it then. I didn't check the POST codes online, didn't even think of it, figured it might be the same stuff as in the manual. Sorry for the trouble, but thanks a ton, I really appreciate it.

Well I just tried my new power supply, but no luck, some things have changed though, and I still need some more advice.

Basically when i first attached the new PSU, I connected the 20-pin plug into the the 24 pin socket on the motherboard, and the 4 pin into the corresponding 4 pin power socket, just like my last PSU. When attempting to turn it on, nothing happened. So i connected the 20 pin and 4 pin power plugs and plugged them into the 24 pin socket and the computer finally powered on. However, it only stays on for about 10 seconds, and then it turns back off.

The POST display now reads 9.F. and according to the website this is caused by 1 of 2 things, either "an OC too high", or "Power supply compatibility". The power supply I bought was a 650 watt 12 v 20+4 pin BFG. So what do you guys think, did I rush out like an idiot and actually buy an incompatible PSU, or could it be something else?

12V 4 pin plug disconnected or power supply damage Check 4 pin power plug

There's another 4 pin connector for the cpu, put the 20+4 connector togeather and plug that into the 24 pin connector, then there should be another four pin squar connector that plugs in beside the cpu socket called a p4 connector.
don't get it mixed up with a pci express video card connector. You really should read the manual. I assumed you knew what the 4 pin power connector was.

aa8xedd5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom