Computer not posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

madman1391

Baseband Member
I recently got an intel core 2 quad Q9550 and i am upgrading from a core 2 duo e6300 i am on a Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 i am not able to boot with the new processor. Each time it will turn on then turn off and back on then will stay on. All the time the old processor was able to boot with the exception of one time that it got stuck however i just restarted and it booted fine. The New processor was able to half boot once however it never got into windows. Is my CPU simply D.O.A?

the CPU fan is plugged in
i have bios version F14
the CPU IS compatible with the board according to Gigabytes website

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

This CPU is NOT supported by the motherboard. Even on the Gigabyte site, it says it's not.

notsupported.png

oh man- i must have the Revision 1.0 and not 3.3 because on the chart that i saw

GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - CPU Support List - GA-965P-S3 (rev. 3.3)

it said it was unofficially supported- would there be a way to see which revision i have?

Non-Official support means, sometimes it'll work, but with limited success. If you do have the 3.3, it's possible the CPU is DOA, but I would be more inclined to blame the board. The easiest way to verify the revision, would be to look at the board itself. You could use something like CPU-Z or PC Wizard, but their revision detections aren't always accurate.

ok thank you- i think i might see if i can return this to newegg- I'm looking at a core i7 setup (the brand new ones just recently came out!) since i have to upgrade my mobo anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom