Computer not COMPUTING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyvain

Beta member
I built a computer about 6 months ago and up until about 1 month ago it was working great. However, within the last month, most of the time on start-up, it boots to the desktop, the fans kick it into high, and my screen goes black. Usually a reboot fixes it until the next time. In the last day or so i havent even been able to make it past the bios screen (Screen goes blank, fans kick in.) Any idea what could be going on and how i could go about fixing it? THX!

~Skyvain

so it is taking along time to get to the desktop ?
try safemode, press F8 a few times at boot up. If safe mode loads fast more than likely your pc is infected

well, rosewill is a good brand, 500w is good, so lets look into other hardware. remove everything but ur boot hdd, A (one chip) of ram, the video card, and the processor, no sound cards, cd drives, etc, do a bare boot. if it still messes up while booting, try the other chip of ram. if still nothing, reset ur bios

omg... thats a pretty weird case der buddy.

I feel for ya man.

If u are pretty desperate (and if u have the time) I would try trying some of your components in another computer and see if they work properly...

If i had to guess i would think that your problems rely in the: Ram, Harddrive, or Motherboard

If all else fails, reinstall XP.... thats only if "all else fails"

Good Luck,
Alexsabree ;)

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will try what you got to say and let you know in a bit. Thanks again!

~skyvain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom