computer not booting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottishbmxer

In Runtime
computer not booting up UPDATED!!!!

i jsut put my new computer together.

main points - DFI lanparty ultra-d mobo, AMD athlon 64 3700 CPU, leadtek 3700gt, seagate 120gb hd

right, i have put it togther following the insturctions, but when i hit the power button, the fans start up, a wee light turns on on the mobo, but, nothing comes onto the monitor(it just stays on standby) and neither my dvd driver or cd-rw drives start up, yet both are connected

what should i do to try and solve this problem.

First question: When you attached your motherboard to the case, did you use the mounting screws first? Or did you just screw the mobo straight to the case?...

DoomUK said:
Or did you just screw the mobo straight to the case?...

^^ I did that ones. It was my first time building a computer. The parts where junk out of older machines so it didn't matter that I fried the mobo, but it was still kinda funny/sad. :eek: :( :D :p :)

The reason I asked is that a friend of mine fried an A8V Deluxe only a couple of weeks ago doing it that way.

right, it has something to do with the mobo. because when i swith the computer on with jsut the power connected to my cd-rw, the cd drive turns on, but when i connect it to the mbo, it doesnt turn on. any suggestions

also, i am still gettting no output onto my monitor. what should i do?

START HERE!

right, the computer is running.

once it gets going it goes past the mobo sign and that on the monitor, then comes to a bios sort of thing.

it then says theres it needs to boot from a disk, so i put the mobo floppy in, then it comes up remove disks to restart, when i remove the disk and hit enter to restart it then comes up

BOOT DISK FALIURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

i do so, then again it comes up remove disk and ress any key to restart, which again brings up the 'BOOT DISK FALIURE,....' .

whats wrong, how do i solve this problem?

check that everything is plugged in right. sometimes it looks right, but isn't.
maybe take everything out but the basics (motherboard, CPU, RAM, video card, power supply) and see if it works then
also try taking out the motherboard battery for a little while to reset the BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom