Computer not Booting Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I meant, yes. I assumed if you opened up your computer, you would know how to look for this. Sorry.

It's cool. :cool: I thought you meant the one that's on the side when you first buy a computer.

But I opened my tower up and took a look at the psu. Lots of numbers on it, but I wrote down the seemingly most important ones:

AC Input - 115/230V ~, 50/60Hz
Combined power - 404W
DC Output - +12V
Peak - 550W

Hope that helps, and makes sense.

Not exacly.

There should be a chart that say amps.. 12V 16Amps etc.

However for your system, the peak of 550W should be okay.

The USB items, do they draw power from the port, or do they also plug into the wall?

What are the items? You could try getting a powered usb hub to take the load off of the pc's usb ports.

My usb items are:
My keyboard
A webcam
A ScanDisk card reader
A printer
Cable internet modem

The webcam and card reader draw power from the usb ports. The printer and modem have their own power sources. Should I just post the chart that's on the side of the psu? Also, my video card is a Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT. I believe it might be hooked up to the psu, I'm not sure, I'll have to check.

Yha the 9800 does... You can just post the amps under each 12V box is fine, but your computer would work on alot less than a 550W.

Try this.. Undo 1 item and reboot see if it loads.. Try with just 1 item, maybe you can get lucky and narrow it down top 1 device .

But I'm stump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom