Computer not booting up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IEgg

Beta member
Hi,

I have encountered a major problem where my computer either fails to boot up or when it does is painfully slow and eventually gives up. When logging into windows the error message "Could not write <filename> to memory" occurs and asks for it to be saved.

I was wondering what part of the hardware is likely to be causing this problem (if it indeed is hardware). I have tried changing RAM around to see if it was this but no difference seems to have ben made unless both sticks are broken.

This is quite urgent as I need my computer for my course which is starting to get more intense! Any speedy help will be greatly appreciated!

It kinda sounds like a software issue to me.

First off, go into BIOS to check your temps and post them here.

Provided that temps are ok, you might want to try booting into safe mode. To get into safe mode, hit F8 a few times when your computer is booting up.

Have checked the temperatures and they all seem normal. The memory appears to be detecting. I'm thinking it may well be a software issue any other ideas?

Sounds like you might need a fresh install of windows. How old is the hard drive that you have? There is a small possibility that it is dying on you. Let us know how long you have had the hard drive. I had a machine that was doing something similar to that to me, and it turns out that a few cyclinders and heads on my hard drive burned out.

The hard drive can't be any older than a year, as I had a problem with the previous one. The hard drive is a SATA one. I am getting some success with safe mode today however, although very slow progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom