Computer not booting into windows, very strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

titan2710

Beta member
Hi, my computer suddenly stopped booting up like its supposed to yesterday. It goes to the Dell bios load up screen, passes that, gets to the blinking dash up in the left hand corner like it always does for a few seconds before windows loads up. Now the blinking dash just stays there, and windows never boots up. I have not made any recent hardware changes, this is just kinda out of the blue. What broke? Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Try tapping f8 repetedly till the diagnostic screen comes up and select last known good configuration. If that doesnt repeat the first part and select safe mode. Then try go to help in help second up in left hand column system restore restore to an earlier tome.

OK, let me go thru this real clearly, i turn on my computer, i see the BIOS loadup screen, big Dell symbol, up in the right hand corner it says to press F2 to enter setup, right below that it says press F12 for boot options.

You know how after the BIOS loadup screen loads on your computer, you see a blinking dash up in the upper left hand corner of your screen, it may only be there for a few seconds or less but its there on all computers i believe, right before u see the windows loading screen.

I can't get past that no matter what i try, no button does anything, and i don't get error messages or anything, just that blinking dash. Something died. What? What should i replace? My BIOS? How would i go about doing that?

does nothing bro

theres no option listed for F8 anyways

i cant get a response from my system, error message or otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom