Computer not booting after installing Win Server 2k3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fizban

Beta member
Alright this is the problem I am having... We recently bought a new zt Affinity desktop computer with a 2.66 dual core processor a 320gb sata hdd and windows vista home premium.... well i just went in and chopped off 15gb of hdd space from the main partition and made a new partition for Win Server 2k3 so i could dual boot them by using a program called easyBCD to restore the Vista bootloader anyway went through the installation process and it got to the screen where it was copying the installation files then it had to restart like any OS installation but when it restarted it froze on the boot screen that tells you to push del to enter system bios.... tried everything... entering bios wouldn't work froze after it recognized the hdd reseting bios did nothing and after about 4 hours i decided to take the hdd out of my moms comp just a little 20gb and hooked it up... nothing.... unplugged everything hooked it all back up (power cables to hdd and cd drives and ide and sata cables) nothing.... so then i decided to unhook the 320gb sata hdd success it booted up fine i reformatted the hdd installed win server 2k3 everything worked fine.... so i decided now that i have a working os again i hooked the sata hdd back up nothing.... froze at the boot screen again..... whats wrong and why would installing win server 2k3 cause a hdd to crash like this? And how would I fix it? we have a lot of information on that hdd that we need. Even if there is no way of saving the info we still need the 320gb 20 will not cut it. any help is appreciated.

P.S. this is what i get if i try going into the BIOS with the normal hardware setup.

AMIBIOS(C) 2006 American Megatrends, Inc.
ASUS P5GZ-MX ACPI BIOS Revision 0601
CPU : Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.66GHz
Speed : 2.66GHz Count : 2

Entering Setup ...
Press F8 for BBS POPUP
PC2-4300 Single Channel Mode
Checking NVRAM..
Initializing ISB Controllers .. Done
1016MB OK
USB Device(s) : 4 Storage Devices
Auto-Detecting Pri Master..ATAPI CD-ROM
Auto Detecting 3rd Master..IDE Hard Disk