Computer Monitor sometimes doesn't turn on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiman

Beta member
I currently have two monitors working in Dual, the main problem i have here is my Primary Monitor - Iiyama Vision Master Pro 21 working with an ATI Radeon X800XT.

I try to turn it on after it's been off over night, and after i push the power button, the Monitor seems to start, but then within 1 second of me turning it on, it would then suddenly cut out, and make this weird prickling noise just blow the vent at the back. This would sometimes happen three times before it would stop cutting out, and then would start working normally.

I haven't put any magnets to this Monitor or done any direct damage to it. I have it set at 70Hz with a 1600x1200 resolution. I wondered whether there could be a problem with my Power Cable, but i didn't want to touch it without getting verification from you.

Regards,
Peter

Does your monitor give any output when you turn it on, maybe it's a dodgy power cable or VGA cable?

When no input is received, it shows this "HD15|BNC" input search. It doesn't show it for long. But i don't get any output from the monitor besides the normal display after it's turned on.
I will check out the Power and VGA Cables. If it works after i replace the cable, then i will tell you; Othrewise, it's not fixed
Regards,
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom